Objective of the Position: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Production Assistant in the Clothing Department is responsible for managing merchandise by sorting and preparing donations for store sales. They maintain a clean, organized, and safe environment which is pleasing for employees and customers. Primary responsibility will be to process and price and hang all clothing; preparing them for the sales floor. Will ensure that the clothes are organized, stocked and pleasing to the eye. They must possess the ability to be flexible and work other assigned projects and duties as necessary and instructed. Skills needed for this position are attention to detail, multi-tasking, organizational, and able to take instruction, works consistently throughout the shift, able to stand on your feet for long periods of time, lifting bags, and boxes of donated items. Must complete all tasks given.
Lifting requirements: up to 60lbs with the use of equipment aides
Essential Functions: Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to the following.
- Expected to daily sort, price as needed and place clothing racks on the sales floor for purchase.
- Ensures clothing is stocked for daily sales, especially during ½ price sale.
- Responsible for keeping the Clothing production area clean and orderly, and remove all trip and fall hazards, as well as keeping displays pleasing to the customer’s eye.
- Conducts “pull downs” at the end of the month or as desired.
- Puts away processed and priced merchandise.
- Adheres to all building safety requirements, as well as follows procedure when an incident, accident or injury has occurred.
- Adheres to all store lifting policies and weight restrictions.
- In the event a co-worker is out, potentially be willing to cover for staff and/or area.
- Greets and assists customers, treating all with respect and dignity.
- Maintains floors and work benches, sweeping, washing in your department area and make sure the shelves are dusted and presentable on the sales floor.
- Works consistently through the day with approved breaks. When area duties are “caught up”, finds other tasks or projects to stay busy in the effort to support the store and co-workers.
- Takes initiative to help others by picking up around the store (inside and out), moving empty carts into cart area when needed.
- Other duties as necessary
- Interacts and communicates professionally and effectively while maintaining open communication with supervisors, and other team members, customers, and clients.
- Functions as a team member for the success of the Good Samaritan Store
- Learns New Tasks
- Follows Directions and Policies
- Attends work on a regular basis with minimal absences or tardiness.
- Attends all meetings and trainings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organized, sets priorities, meets deadlines, and works with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work consistently throughout your shift with/without distractions.
- Able to prioritize backlog of merchandise waiting to be processed.
- Able to communicate and interact effectively with customers, clients, volunteers and co-workers.
- Must be a team player.
- Valid MT Driver’s License, or valid MT Identification Card, and social security card for hiring purposes and dependent upon position.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience or knowledge of thrift store operations
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, Frequent Lifting, carrying, and transporting of objects weighing up to 60lbs.
- Mobility within the facility