Job Title: Production Assistant Hours: 40/wk
Reports to: Michelle Hughes
Mission Statement: Good Samaritan Ministries, motivated by Catholic social teaching, works in our community to advance family life, human dignity, and the common good. We provide services to meet the physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of individuals and families of all faiths, especially those most in need.
The objective of the Position: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Electronics Department Essential Functions: Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
· Will sort, test, process, price, and recycle all incoming donations into the electronics department
· Will place stickers on donations that have been tested “TESTED” and your initials and the date
· Will place stickers on donations that have not been tested “AS IS” and your initials and the date
· Will remove old garage sale tags; do not just cover them
· Each morning before you start testing take a walk through the Electronics department on the sales floor.
· Dispose of trash, organize shelves, and make it presentable to the customers
· Wrap up cords
· Will ensure that goals are met, and new department goals set
· Will be actively engaged to increase numbers in this department
· Will write neatly and legible on donations (ex. Turns on and works but needs charger and then your initials)
· Functions as a team member for the success of the Good Samaritan Store
· Interacts and communicates professionally and effectively while maintaining open communication with supervisors, and other team members, customers, and clients.
· Learns New Tasks
· Follows Directions and Policies
· Attends work on a regular basis with minimal absences or tardiness
· Attends all meetings and training as required
· Other duties as assigned
· Organized, sets priorities meets deadlines, and works with minimum supervision
· Excellent customer service skills while dealing with customers, co-workers, and volunteers
· Frequent lifting, carrying, and transporting of objects weighing up to 20lbs. team lifting 20lbs and above
· Mobility within the facility and the ability to occasionally drive, load, and unload the delivery truck
· Fast-paced store environment with heavy traffic flow on and off throughout the day
Benefits: Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account and 401 (k)!