Job Title: Production Assistant: Dock Posting
Supervisor: Michelle Hughes
Posting Created By: Samantha Jensen
Good Samaritan Ministries, motivated by faith-based teaching, works in our community to advance family life, human dignity, and the common good. We provide services to meet the physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of individuals and families of all faiths, especially those most in need. Good Samaritan Thrift Store acts as an integral part of Good Samaritan Ministries mission to offer the programs and services to advance human dignity, respect, and support.
The Dock Production Assistant is responsible for accepting incoming donations as well as sorting and preparing donations for store sales and under very stressful conditions.
Essential Functions: Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to the following
· Works on dock accepting incoming donation items and sorts according to the various departments.
· Works on dock refusing incoming donation items that are ripped, stained, torn, or broken.
· Moves lift furniture items, and assists customers with loading purchased merchandise
· Responsible for keeping the dock warehouse clean, orderly, and safe during the scheduled shifts.
· Provides customers with donation receipts
· Responsible for ensuring a safe sales floor environment for co-workers and customers
· Informs supervisor about any repairs or supplies needed
· Adheres to all building safety requirements, as well as follows procedure when an incident, accident or injury has occurred.
· Adheres to all store lifting policies and weight restrictions
· In the event, a co-worker is out, potentially be willing to cover for the dock area
· Greets and assists customers, clients, and donors, treating all with respect and dignity
· Maintains floors, sweeping, washing on the dock area
· Breaks down cardboard boxes for recycling
· Interacts and communicates professionally and effectively while maintaining open communication with supervisors, other team members, customers, and clients.
· Learns New Tasks
· Follows Directions and Policies
· Attends all meetings and trainings as required
· Other duties as assigned
· Frequent Lifting, carrying and transporting of objects weighing up to 125lbs or above.
· Mobility within the facility and the ability to occasionally drive, load, and unload the delivery truck
Benefits: Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account and 401 (k)!