Objective of the Position: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Fiscal Manager Assistant assists in managing and implementing fiscal, accounting procedures and policies. This position works under strict timelines and completion dates. Must possess the ability to be flexible and work other assigned projects and duties as necessary and instructed. Must have working knowledge of bookkeeping, fiscal management, accounting procedures, payroll processing, grant development and grant management. Skills needed for this position are attention to detail, multi-tasking, and organizational. Should be proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, and Internet Utilization and have at least three years of progressive accounting responsibility. Experience in nonprofit accounting and/or thrift store operations is strongly desired.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of principles, practices, terminology, and common forms used in GAAP, computerized accounting, and general ledger. General understanding of internal controls and auditing practices and procedures.
- Develops, modifies and maintains the Annual Report and Fiscal Policy and procedures manual
- Prepares and maintains audit reports from a variety of supporting records and works closely with auditing firm on annual audit and Form 990.
- Prepares draft of annual budget with input and final approval by the Executive Director and the Board.
- Prepares 1099 MISC forms for vendor payments
- Analyzes and reconciles financial records/accounts for discrepancies and corrects irregularities.
- Prepares monthly adjusting entries to reconcile prepaid accounts, loan accounts, record assistance activity, etc.
- Compiles, with accuracy, reports and financial statements for Board review, granting agencies, and internal departments in Excel and QuickBooks.
- Prepares for and attends all board meetings.
- Maintains and monitors Point of Sale system and records store sales daily.
- Communicates with vendors (as required) regarding accounts payable.
- Maintains and reconciles bank accounts for multiple programs (Thrift Store, Assistance, loans, savings and various grants).
- Prepares (daily) and records deposits across program bank accounts
- Prepares and records vendor payments across program bank accounts, utilizing online bill pay and checks.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested.
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts.
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices.
- Is a backup for payroll processing, ensures payroll garnishments and child support payments are made in a timely manner.
- Assists in monitoring, tracking, and maintaining databases to include monetary donations, in-kind donations, financial assistance, in-store assistance, thank you letters and tracking for donors and volunteer hours.
- Classify, records, and summarizes financial data to compile and keep financial records.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Assist and participate in grant development opportunities with the Fiscal Manager and Executive Director; identifies needs and researches potential opportunities for grant submission. Help assist in the development of grant proposals.
- Maintains a master grant list; develops reports on status and manages the internal and external reporting requirements as established by the grantors.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the mission of Good Samaritan Ministries and Thrift Store Functions effectively as a team player while interacting and communicating professionally and effectively, maintaining open communication with supervisors, and other team members, customers, clients, vendors, and community partners.
- Attends all meetings and trainings as required and pertaining to position.
- Learn new tasks.
- Attends work on a regular basis with minimal absences or tardiness
- May be required to work over 40 hours a week, or re-arrange hours as necessary, must be approved by the supervisor
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Adheres to all building safety requirements according to the fire code for all areas in the store.
- Other duties as assigned
- An integral part of the special events team to include Fashion Show, St. Francis Dinner and other fundraising events.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, develops requests for donations, sponsorships and in-kind donations.
- Responsible for fiscal responsibilities during fundraising events
- Assists in maintaining and keeping fundraising databases current
- The desire to promote the mission of Good Samaritan Ministries and Thrift Store
- Must be skilled and proficient with QuickBooks and maintaining databases
- AA or preferred BA in Accounting, Business or another related field OR 5-10 years’ experience or a combination of education and work experience in accounting and/or bookkeeping, Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Grant development and writing (to be discussed)
- Attend Board meetings and present/review financial statements
- Valid MT Driver’s License or valid MT Identification Card for hiring purposes
- May be required to lift, and carry objects weighing up to 20lbs. team lifting 20lbs and above
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time while working on the computer
- May spend work hours interacting with vendors, staff, customers, or those in need of support through the ministries.
Working Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May work both inside and off-campus to attend community meetings.
- Fast paced store environment with heavy traffic flow on and off throughout the day
- May be required to interact throughout the day with customers or those in need