Happiness is a place of your own
It is required that clients bring their Social Security Card and Identification Card/Driver’s License when arriving, otherwise the client won’t be seen that day and will have to reschedule.
What To Expect During An Appointment
- A release of information form will need to be signed for the navigator to use a database called Homeless MANAGEMENT INFORMATION System (HMIS) to keep track of client information.
- A form stating the Housing Navigation Program and services offered will need to be signed.
- A standard assessment will be done.
- A Housing Stability Plan will be created with next steps to take to get into housing.
- The Housing Navigator will refer clients to existing housing opportunities appropriate for them and other necessary housing resources.
- The Housing Navigator can refer clients to home buyer classes in the area and support services for clients interested in the home ownership process.
- The Housing Navigator will keep in touch with clients until they are suitably housed.
Financial assistance is currently not being offered at this time for the Housing Navigation Program.
– updated 11/20/2020
|Assistance||What is Required to Bring|
|Renter's Insurance||Name of vendor, copy of your lease, Copy of receipt/bill|
|Housing Application Fees||Vendors name, address of property, receipt of application fee or confirmation how much the fee is|
|Deposit or Rental Assistance to Get Into Housing||Name of vendor, copy of lease, W-9 form filled out by vendor (bring back), Good Samaritan rental/deposit assistance form|
|GAP Emergency Shelter||Proof of leasing up or housing deed|
|Personal Identification Documents||Depends on case but typically needs at least two other forms of identification. Acceptable forms are birth certificats, driver's license, identification cards.|
|Auto Insurance Start Up Costs||Proof of registration|
|Treatment Classes||Letter and/or paperwork for court requiring classes|
|Child Care Costs||Partnerships scholarship,certified copy of the licensed day care provider, billing statement from the daycare provider|
|Minimal Damages to a Rental||Verification from the landlord of cost. Bring any receipt/bill. Agreement form for damages (bring back)|
an entity of Good Samaritan
A GUIDE TO RENTING COURSE
A Guide To Renting is a renter education program that has been designed to help community members become the best renters possible. The course will be held every Wednesday from 3:00-5:00 PM at the Neighborhood Center. Capacity is limited to 10 people per session, so reserve your spot today!
Our comprehensive list of locally available rentals and contact information.