20 hours per week
The Production Assistant in the Linen Department is responsible for managing merchandise by sorting and preparing donations for store sales. They maintain a clean, organized, and safe environment which is pleasing for employees and customers. Primary responsibility will be to process and price all sheets, pillow, blankets, comforters, curtains, towels, and other miscellaneous items in the linen department, preparing them for the sales floor. Will ensure that the shelves are organized, stocked and pleasing to the eye. They must possess the ability to be flexible and work other assigned projects and duties as necessary and instructed. Skills needed for this position are attention to detail, multi-tasking, organizational, able to take instruction, works consistently throughout the shift, able to stand
on your feet for long periods of time, lifting bags, and boxes of donated items. Must complete all tasks given.
Lifting requirements: up to 60lbs with the use of equipment aides
Essential Functions: Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Expected to daily sort, price and display comforters, blankets, towels, rugs, pillows, curtains, place mats,sheets, and dog blankets on the sales floor for purchase
- Ensures shelves are stocked for daily sales, especially during ½ price sale
- Responsible for keeping the Linen production area clean and orderly, and remove all trip and fall hazards, as well as keeping displays pleasing to the customer’s eye.
- Conducts “pull downs” at the end of the month or as desired.
- Puts away processed and priced merchandise
- Adheres to all building safety requirements, as well as follows procedure when an incident, accident or injury has occurred.
- Adheres to all store lifting policies and weight restrictions
- In the event a co-worker is out, potentially be willing to cover for staff and/or area
- Greets and assists customers, treating all with respect and dignity
- Maintains floors and work benches, sweeping, washing in your department area and make sure the shelves are dusted and presentable on the sales floor.\
- Works consistently through the day with approved breaks. When area duties are “caught up”, finds other tasks or projects to stay busy in the effort to support the store and co-workers
- Takes initiative to help others by picking up around the store (inside and out), moving empty carts into cart area when needed
- Other duties as necessary
To apply for any position please pick up an application from our store or download it online and submit to Chelsey. For all questions please call Chelsey at (406) 442-0780 extension 101.