Objective of the Position: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Assistance Support Staff provides help to the Assistance Coordinator with programming given to individuals and families in need through our Assistance Ministry. Must have the ability to handle records of high volumes, extensive workloads(on a part time basis). The individual will manage client follow ups, reconciliation of GSM data base on in-store assistance, lead based paint inspections, landlord contact for completion of paperwork, and attend designated meetings. Must possess the ability to be flexible and work other assigned projects and duties as necessary and instructed. Skills needed for this position is attention to detail, time management, multi-taking, organizational and customer service skills.
Essential Functions: Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Maintains confidentiality of all clients served at Good Samaritan Ministries
- Able to conduct follow up with clients who have utilized GSM’s Hunthausen Assistance Program.
- Able to conduct follow up with clients who have utilized the ESG Program
- Able to maintain HMIS file compliance and completion
- Able to complete lead-based paint inspections as necessary and complete habitability forms for HUD and other programs
- Able to send lead-based paint vouchers when applicable
- Able to meet with landlords for completion of housing paperwork
- Manages filing and the upkeep of all relevant data bases
- Functions effectively as a team player and supports the organization
- Attends all meetings and trainings as required
- Follow all directions and Good Samaritan Policies
- Other duties as necessary
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts and communicates effectively while maintaining open and professional communication with supervisors, other team members, customers and clients.
- Functions as a team member for the success of the Good Samaritan Store and the Assistance Ministry program
- Learns new tasks independently and as requested
- Attends work on a regular basis with minimal absences
- Adheres to all building safety requirements according to the fire code for all areas in the store
- Other duties as necessary
- The desire to promote the mission of Good Samaritan Ministries and Thrift Store
- Maintaining databases
- Ability to organize and prioritize for and with Assistance Coordinator
- Valid MT Driver’s License
- AA or BA in Social Services or related field; education and work experience combined may qualify
- Previous experience or knowledge of community services, social work or related field
- May be required to lift, and carry objects weighing up to limitations
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time while working on the computer/clients
- May spend work hours interacting with staff, customers, or those in need of support through the ministry
Working Environment: The work environment will be focused in the office setting and occasional community interactions with clients, realtors and landlords. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work in a fast paced environment with heavy traffic flow, and heart wrenching situations on and off throughout the day
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. The Good Samaritan Ministries Management reserves the right to amend and change the responsibilities to meet the store needs at any time.