Job Title: Office Assistant Department: Assistance Ministry
Reports to: Ara Babcock
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Mission Statement: Good Samaritan Ministries, motivated by Catholic social teaching, works in our community to advance family life, human dignity and the common good. We provide services to meet the physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of individuals and families of all faiths, especially those most in need.
Objective of the Position: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Office Assistant provides support to the Assistance Coordinator in which assistance is given to individuals and families in need through our Assistance Ministry. Must have the ability to handle records of high volumes, extensive workloads, and challenging personal and heart wrenching stories of those we serve. The individual will manage client follow ups, reconciliation of GSM data base on in-store assistance, lead based paint inspections, landlord contact for completion of paperwork, and attend designated meetings. Must possess the ability to be flexible and work other assigned projects and duties as necessary and instructed. Skills needed for this position is attention to detail, time management, multi-taking, organizational and customer service skills.
Essential Functions: Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Works with other office staff, store personnel, Executive Director for the betterment of overall services and success.
- Maintains confidentiality of all clients served at Good Samaritan Ministries
- Able to conduct reconcile in-store assistance into Charity Tracker. (Assistance Database)
- Able to conduct follow ups with clients who have utilized GSM’s Hunthausen Assistance Program.
- Able to conduct follow ups with clients who have utilized the ESG Program.
- Able to maintain HMIS file compliance and completion.
- Able to complete lead-based paint inspections as necessary and complete habitability forms for HUD and other programs.
- Able to send lead-based paint vouchers when applicable.
- Able to meet with landlords for completion of housing paperwork.
- Able to assist with in-store assistance voucher appointments.
- Adheres to all assistance policies and guidelines, makes suggestions and input in developing assistance policies/procedures.
- Inputs daily in-store voucher amounts into Charity Tracker. (Assistance Database)
- Process all data in a timely manner, in-store assistance records.
- Manages filing and the upkeep of all relevant data bases.
- Attends designated community meetings, as necessary.
- Functions effectively as a team player and supports the organization.
- Attends all meetings and trainings as required.
- Prepares for and attends Board Meetings as requested
- Follow all directions and Good Samaritan Policies
- Other duties as necessary
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts and communicates effectively while maintaining open and professional communication with supervisors, other team members, customers, and clients.
- Functions as a team member for the success of the Good Samaritan Store and the Assistance Ministry program
- Learns new tasks independently and as requested.
- Attends work on a regular basis with minimal absences.
- Adheres to all building safety requirements according to the fire code for all areas in the store.
- Other duties as necessary
- The desire to promote the mission of Good Samaritan Ministries and Thrift Store
- Must be knowledgeable with QuickBooks and maintaining databases.
- Valid MT Driver’s License for hiring purposes.
- AA or BA in Social Services or related field; education and work experience combined may qualify.
- Previous experience or knowledge of community services, social work, or related field
- May be required to life, and carry objects weighting up to 35lbs, team lifting for more than 35lbs.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time while working on the computer.
- May spend work hours interacting with staff, customers, or those in need of support through the ministry.
Working Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May work both in and off campus to attend community meetings.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with heavy traffic flow, and heart wrenching situations on and off throughout the day
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. The Good Samaritan Ministries Management reserves the right to amend and change the responsibilities to meet the store needs at any time.