The Receptionist works to assist other office staff with maintaining efficiency, structure, and organization within the office. You will be responsible for maintaining a clean, organized, and safe environment that is pleasing for employees and customers. You will be responsible for all incoming
calls, faxes that need to be routed to employees. This position must adhere to the parameters of the position and duties. You will be responsible for inputting data and appointments into the database. Must possess the ability to be flexible and work other assigned projects and duties as necessary and instructed. Skills needed for this position are master in Microsoft Word and Excel, attention to detail, multi-tasking, organizational, able to take instruction, works consistently throughout the shift, complete all tasks given, computer skills such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel and ability to work under stressful conditions.
Essential Functions: Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to the following
- Manages incoming phone calls showing dignity and respect to all customer and/or clients.
- Schedules assistance appointments, donation pick-ups and helps assist if needed in the Assistance appointments.
- Ensures that all messages are taken, and each staff or volunteer receive written notification of messages
- Ensures that all addresses, names, and phone numbers are correct on the system and in messages taken.
- Maintains order and professionalism in the office.
- Provides customers with appointment cards and or resources for additional assistance.
- Responsible for keeping administration offices clean, dusted, organized, free from debris and clutter so that it is pleasing to customers and clients as a first point of contact.
- informs supervisor about any repairs or supplies needed
- Will create and maintain data bases for various projects (mailing lists, in-store vouchers, form files)
- Helps train office volunteers
- Maintains archive binders
- Maintains confidentiality of all information regarding clients and employees of Good Samaritan Ministries and Thrift Store
- Acts as support for staff in various departments
- Helps hang and price new clothing
- Responsible for all filing and copying responsibilities
- Ensures that all paper is refilled in copier, and fax machine daily
- Ensures that all supplies get ordered, logs them into the supply log and keeps record of purchasing.
- Must be able to multitask, completing multiple projects with deadline requirements
- Functions effectively as a team player and supports the organization
- Attends all meetings and trainings as required
- Follows all directions and Good Samaritan Policies
- Works consistently through the day with approved breaks. When area duties are “caught up”, finds other tasks or projects to stay busy in the effort to support the store and co-workers.
- Uses work hours effectively and efficiently focusing on tasks and projects that need to be completed.
- Other duties as necessary
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts and communicates professionally and effectively while maintaining open communication with supervisors, and other team members, customers, and clients.
- Functions as a team member for the success of the Good Samaritan Store
- Learns New Tasks
- Be available for trainings for continuing education
- Follows Directions and Policies
- Attends work on a regular basis with minimal absences or tardiness
- May be required to work over 40 hours a week, or re-arrange hours as necessary, must be approved by the supervisor
- Adheres to all building safety requirements according to the fire code for all areas in the store.
- Other duties as assigned
Organized, sets priorities, meets deadlines, and works with minimum supervision
- Must have excellent Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet, Email, skills, Mail Merge
- Must have a least a year Receptionist and/or Administrative Assistant experienc
- Must be able to operate postage machine, fax, and copier/printer
- Must be able to answer multi-line phone and handle fast paced offic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills while dealing with customers, co-workers, and volunteers
- Must be a team player
- Valid MT Driver’s License, or valid MT Identification Card, and social security card for hiring purposes and dependent upon position.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience or knowledge of receptionist duties and thrift store operations
- Physical Requirements:
Frequent Lifting, carrying, and transporting of objects weighing up to 20lbs. team lifting 20lbs and above
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time while working on the computer
- Must be able to move throughout the store if asked to complete other tasks
Working Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mainly works inside the building
- Fast paced store environment with heavy traffic flow on and off throughout the day
To apply for any position please pick up an application from our store or download it online and submit to Chelsey. For all questions please call Chelsey at (406) 442-0780 extension 101.