The Miscellaneous Production is responsible for managing merchandise in 6 areas (house wares,plastics, Seasonal, health and beauty, office supplies, pet supplies) while sorting and preparing donations for store sales. ting, Helps the Marketing Coordinator as needed with the of the Annual Fundraiser (Style Show) sorts collecting, and designing table spaces for the event. Primary responsibility will be to process and price the following but not inclusive to: all plates, silverware, dishes, pots, pans, holiday items, plastic ware, office material, pet supplies, knick-knacks, candles, candle holders, bathroom items, health and beauty, and other miscellaneous items…
Coordinator is responsible to maintain a clean, organized, and safe environment which is pleasing for co-workers and customers on the sales floor and in warehouse area. Will ensure that the shelves are organized, stocked, and pleasing to the eye. Must possess the ability to be flexible and work other
assigned projects and duties as necessary and instructed. Skills needed for this position are attention to detail, multi-tasking, organizational, and able to stand on your feet for long periods of time, lifting bags, and boxes of donated items. It is also the responsibility of the Coordinator to conduct or oversee a monthly “pull
down”. Must have computer skills, such as email, word, excel and internet. Knowledge of vintage and antiques are a must. Other duties as assigned. Oversee volunteers? Lifting requirements: up to 45lbs with the use of equipment aides as well as team lifting.
Essential Functions: Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to the following
- Expected to daily sort, price and display plates, silverware, dishes, pots and pans, holiday items, plastic ware, office material, pet supplies, knick-knacks, candles, candle holders, bathroom items, health and beauty, and other miscellaneous items on the sales floor for purchase
- Able to recognize sellable and non-sellable items
- Ensures shelves are stocked for daily sales, especially during ½ price sale
- Ensures items are not broken or dirty when processing and preparing for the sales floor
- Responsible for keeping the miscellaneous production area clean and orderly and remove all trip and fall hazards, as well as keeping displays pleasing to the customer’s eye.
- Conducts “pull downs” at the end of the month or as desired.
- Puts away processed and priced merchandise
- Adheres to all building safety requirements, as well as follows procedure when an incident, accident or injury has occurred.
- Adheres to all store lifting policies and weight restrictions
- Greets and assists customers, treating all with respect and dignity
- Maintains floors, trash, and work benches, sweeping, ensuring cleaning of all 6 areas and make sure the shelves are dusted and presentable on the sales floor.
- Works consistently through the day with approved breaks, as able and according to store policy.
- Will follow your schedule, when area duties are “caught up”, finds other tasks or projects to stay busy in the effort to support the store and co-workers
- Takes initiative to help co-workers in other departments by picking up around the store (inside and out), moving empty carts into cart area when needed
- Able to effectively communicate with other supervisors and the Executive Director
- Other duties as necessary
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts and communicates professionally and effectively while maintaining open communication with supervisors, and other team members, customers, and clients.
- Functions as a team member for the success of the Good Samaritan Store
- Learns New Tasks
- Follows Directions and Policies
- Attends work on a regular basis with minimal absences or tardiness
- Attends all meetings and trainings as required
- Other duties as assigned
Have knowledge of antique items
- Able to organize, sets priorities, meet deadlines, and works with minimum supervision
- Must be able to work consistently throughout your shift with/without distractions
- Able to prioritize backlog of merchandise waiting to be processed
- Able to communicate and interact effectively with customers, clients, volunteers, and co-workers
- Must be a team player
- Valid MT Driver’s License, or valid MT Identification Card, and social security card for hiring purposes and dependent upon position.
High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience or knowledge of retail and or thrift store operations
- Knowledge of antiques
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, Frequent Lifting, carrying, and transporting of objects weighing up to at least 45lbs.
- Mobility within the facility
Working Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mainly works inside the building
- Fast paced store environment with heavy traffic flow on and off throughout the day
To apply for any position please pick up an application from our store or download it online and submit to Chelsey. For all questions please call Chelsey at (406) 442-0780 extension 101.