Job Type: Full-Time
Essential Functions: Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Will be responsible for driving the truck #1 and truck #2 safely and by following all traffic rules and regulations.
- Will wear the seat belt at all times.
- Will be responsible for filling out the daily truck mileage logs on both trucks.
- Will be responsible for filing out the daily maintenance log on both trucks.
- When not on the truck will work on the dock accepting incoming donation items and sorts according to the various departments.
- Works on truck and dock refusing incoming donation items that are ripped, stained, torn, or broken.
- Moves, lifts furniture items and assists customers with loading purchased merchandise
- Will work with Truck Driver #1 with keeping the truck clean, orderly, and safe during scheduled shifts.
- Provides customers with donation receipts on the truck and on the dock.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe sales floor environment for co-workers and customers
- Informs supervisor about any repairs or supplies needed
- Adheres to all traffic rules and regulations
- Adheres to all building safety requirements, as well as follows procedure when an incident, accident or injury has occurred.
- Adheres to all store lifting policies and weight restrictions
- In the event a co-worker is out, potentially be willing to cover
- Greets and assists customers, clients and donors, on the truck and dock; treating all with respect and dignity
- Other duties as necessary
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts and communicates professionally and effectively while maintaining open communication with supervisors, and other team members, customers and clients.
- Functions as a team member for the success of the Good Samaritan Store
- Will work full shifts unless otherwise approved by supervisor
- Will take daily lunches at the scheduled time
- Learns New Tasks
- Follows Directions and Policies
- Attends work on a regular basis with minimal absences or tardiness
- May be required to work over 40 hours a week, or re-arrange hours as necessary, must be approved by the supervisor
- Attends all meetings and trainings as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Organized, sets priorities, meets deadlines and works with minimum supervision
- Excellent customer service skills while dealing with customers, co-workers, and volunteers
- Must be a team player
- Valid MT Driver’s License with clean driving record
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience or knowledge of thrift store operations
- Frequent lifting, carrying and transporting of objects weighing up to 100lbs. While utilizing dollies, hand trucks, flat carts, and teamwork. Mobility within the facility and ability to occasionally drive, load and unload the delivery truck
Working Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works inside and outside of the building
- Fast-paced store environment with heavy traffic flow on and off throughout the day
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. The Good Samaritan Ministries Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet the store needs.
This job description is not a contract of employment with Good Samaritan Ministries and Thrift Store. By signing this document you are acknowledging receipt of this Job Description and the expectations for the performance of the essential functions of the position.
To apply for any position please pick up an application from our store or download it online and submit to Chelsey. For all questions please call Chelsey at (406) 442-0780 extension 101.